Details of (R)Evolution 2015 so far have officially been revealed here: 2015.shropgeek-revolution.co.uk
Woohoo! ~ grin!
As many of you know, we will be taking a break from organising (R)Evolution in 2016, so this year we are pulling out all of the stops. And honestly, I couldn’t be more excited about this year’s event (I know I say that every year, but seriously its going to be so awesome!). We have lots of things planned to make the day even more special but for now, here are the important facts:
- The conference itself will be held in The Walker Theatre at Theatre Severn in Shrewsbury, on Friday 25th September 2015.
- We have what I consider to be the best lineup yet and still more to be confirmed!
- There will be workshops as well this year. Full details of those to follow soon.
- Our now legendary after party will be back again this year. Venue to be confirmed (It’s hard work testing all of the potential after party venues 😉 ~ grin!).
- And we’re also organising a number of other fringe events to make your weekend complete!
You may also have noticed “Monster Dude” by now too. We’re taking the conference in a different direction this year and all of the talks will have a focus on Evolution to one extent or another, and specifically technology. We’ve been having great fun with this and created a whole Sci-Fi / B-Movie theme, which I’m personally so very excited about its been almost impossible not to put it on Instagram before now! I literally cannot wait to share the full website with you all!
Early bird tickets are now on sale for the teeny sum of £75 for the full day so go and grab yourself one, and hopefully I will see you all there! 🙂
(R)Evolution in full swing
I rarely step up to actually speak at Shropgeek events, simply because there are always so many awesome people I could ask, why should I fill a spot?
But, I’m also always trying to encourage people to use these events as a “safe space”, perfect for anyone new to public speaking or wanting a practice run of their talk in front of a friendly audience.
So, with A Responsive Day Out only a month after, I thought it was time I put my money where my mouth is and do a practice run of the talk I’m preparing for that. This will be the first run through so likely to be very rough around the edges but I would really appreciate feedback on it.
As well as me, there will also be the VERY [awesome]awesome[/awesome] Ashley Nolan and Tim Millwood providing 30 minute talks and Shropgeek Regulars, Pete White and Rob May doing 5 minute lightning talks. It is set to be a most excellent evening!
Full details can be found on the Shropgeek website. Hopefully see you all there! 🙂
If you have been following me or Shropgeek over the last year, there is no way you could have missed the fact that we held our first ever full day web conference, right here in the picturesque town of Shrewsbury, on September 26th 2013.
There is also no way you could have missed that it went fantastically well (If its possible, I think I did actually over use the word [awesome]awesome[/awesome] when describing it! ~ grin!). It went so well in fact, that we are doing it all over again this year and I can now announce the lineup and the launch of our shiny new website! Woohoo!
Here is the lowdown:
- Its on Friday September 26th 2014 – So save the date
- It will be held at The Shropshire Conference Centre again as the venue was [awesome]awesome[/awesome] last year!
- The lineup is once again [awesome]awesome[/awesome].
- There is a limited number of early bird tickets available at £69
- And our shiny new website can be found at: 2014.shropgeek-revolution.co.uk. Go check it out!
I’d like to say a huge thank you to Martin Wright for designing the new site for us again this year. I’m sure you will all agree that he did an amazing job again. And also Stina Jones for the illustrations and icons that are fast becoming a staple of the entire Shropgeek brand!.
This years lineup
It is [awesome]awesome[/awesome] to be nominated but of course it would be even more amazing to win! So please help us to make it happen! The ceremony is taking place on 9 May 2014 in London and the voting closes on 24 March 2014. So please do get voting by visiting the net awards website: https://thenetawards.com/vote/grassroots/shropgeek/